Protect you and your family from expenses associated with a hospital stay
- Hospital care represents 31% of all healthcare expenditures in the U.S. It’s the most significant driving factor in the rising cost of healthcare nationwide.1
- More than 35 million people are admitted to U.S. hospitals each year.2
- The average stay in a U.S. hospital lasts 4.9 days.3
Medical Costs are only one piece of the puzzle
If you are ever have to stay in a hospital, supplemental health insurance benefits can help while you recover. Benefit payments can be used as needed to help pay expenses like these:
Hospital Indemnity Insurance Benefits
- Hospital Confinement Benefits
- Outpatient Surgical Benefits
- Doctor Office Visit Benefits
- Emergency Room Benefits
- Emergency Travel Benefits
- Hospitalization Daily Benefits
1American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts & Figures 2012, 2012, p.1.
3American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts and Figures 2014, p.1-2.
4American Cancer Society, Cancer Facts and Figures 2014, p.3.
5The return-of-premium benefits are contained in rider form CHIC-8047, including state variations, where used.
Insurance policies underwritten by Washington National Insurance Company, home office: Carmel, IN.
LIMITED-BENEFIT POLICIES. These policies have limitations and exclusions. For costs and complete details of coverage, contact an agent.
The return of premium (ROP) or cash value (CV) (in MO, “cash return”) benefit is subject to state and product availability. The benefit has an additional charge and may pay minus claims or regardless of claims based on the policy selected. The policy must remain in force until the end of the ROP/CV period for the benefit to be paid.